We are committed to managing our activities and operations responsibly to minimise our environmental impact.
The management of Woburn Safari Park recognises that our daily activities impact on the environment with the most significant effects resulting from waste production and disposal, energy consumption and water usage.
The scope of our environmental management system includes all the Safari Park’s activities and services in relation to the welfare and conservation of our animals as well as facilitating educational and recreational visits to the park.
Woburn Safari Park is committed to:
- Reviewing all activities, products and services to evaluate their environmental impact.
- Continually improving our environmental performance in relation to our activities, continuing the improvements made over the past 10 years.
- Complying with relevant legislation and with other aspects of our business to which we subscribe or over which we have influence. For example, Zoo industry standards.
- Remaining a Zero Waste to Landfill business through carefully selected waste management processes. Even our animal waste is spread on fields where we grow hay to feed the animals.
- Reducing energy consumption by introducing energy efficient lighting, heating and other equipment where practicable and incorporating energy efficiency measures, where possible, into any new building designs.
- Increased use of renewable energy through solar panels installed on catering and animal buildings.
- Preventing pollution, monitoring and reducing any adverse impacts of its operations.
- Recycling and encouraging recycling, whether this be in the office or out on the park. Examples include: Office paper waste and batteries are all recycled. As well as being resourceful with potential waste - Animal keepers can often create fun and interesting enrichment from packaging.
- Reducing single use plastic through selection of recycled plastic goods and environmentally friendly alternatives. This includes a movement towards biodegradable and compostable products across the park.
- Provision of potable tap water to all visitors who use reusable drinking bottles.
- Reducing water usage as well as harvesting rainwater for gardens management.
- Increasingly selecting environmentally-preferable goods and services where able and ensuring suppliers and contractors show a responsible attitude to the environment whilst on site. This includes actively encouraging suppliers to use cardboard rather than plastic packaging as well as our commitment to using only FSC standard wood, moving towards using carbon balanced paper and choosing suppliers using 100% certified sustainable palm oil.
- Improving site biodiversity through increased management of native invertebrates such as bees through wildflower planting and non-mowing schemes in the leisure area of the Foot Safari.
- Communicating our environmental policy to all that have an interest including staff across Bedford Estates, guests, suppliers and contractors, authorities, the local community and other organisations.
- Educating guests to the Park about environmental issues and what simple changes visitors can make to have a huge environmental impact e.g. through keeper talks. This includes the development of education programs to provide opportunity for environmental engagement.
- Training staff to increase their awareness of environmental issues relevant to our activities and ensuring suitable management of environmental impacts. This includes working towards reduced paper wastage, increased recycling action and making environmentally friendly choices such as walking rather than driving where possible.
This policy will be reviewed annually. It is communicated to all staff members and it is also displayed on notice boards, along with here on our website.