- Entry to the Park
- Admission ticket purchases
- VIP Experiences
- Annual Pass Tickets
- Gift Tickets
- Vehicle Restrictions
- School Trips
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO WOBURN SAFARI PARK
For the welfare of the animal residents and other visitors, we ask all customers of Woburn Safari Park to follow these important rules and guidelines, throughout your visit:
- No pets or dogs are permitted into the Safari Park and kennel facilities are not provided. Assistance dogs are only allowed to enter very limited areas of the Safari Park and may not enter the Road Safari or any animal enclosures in the Foot Safari.
- Any visits with Assistance Dogs must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance. Visits must be arranged by calling the Admissions Team on 01525 290407 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- During your visit to the park please do not feed the animals, they are all given specially formulated diets and you could make them sick. If you are caught feeding the animals, you may be asked to leave the park and no refunds will be payable
- Soft tops and convertibles are allowed in the Safari Park. However there are restrictions - they cannot enter Tigers, Bears & Wolves, Lion Park or the African Forest. Standard admission applies
- The Park is a non smoking area and smoking is not permitted anywhere within Park walls
- No drones are permitted to be flown at the Safari Park for animal welfare
- No motorbikes or barbeques are allowed in the park
- The speed limit in the Park is 15 mph and must be kept to at all times
- Once within the animal Road Safari drive through reserve you must stay in your vehicle AT ALL TIMES. If you have any problems then please sound your horn and wait for assistance
- Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner
- When visiting Woburn Safari Park you MUST travel around the Park in your own vehicle. Transport will not be provided unless you are taking a VIP Tour
- Please note that all animal walkthrough sections within the Foot Safari will close 30 minutes before advertised park closing time
- Visitors enter at their own risk. The company does not accept any liability for damage to vehicles unless negligent practices are proven. A bypass is provided in the Road Safari, so you can choose to avoid the carnivore or monkey sections
- Photography and filming taken for commercial use may not be published without prior written permission from Woburn Safari Park
- As a condition of entry we reserve the right to undertake security checks at our entry gates and ticket lanes, before entry to the Road Safari. We also reserve the right to refuse entry to any member of the public
- Please be aware that at peak times (ie. weekends, school holidays, public holidays), we may be busier than usual which can result in a wait time of up to 30 minutes at the ticket lanes
- Animal Welfare: In purchasing an admission ticket from Woburn Safari Park, you accept that the park is a wildlife collection and, as such, it may at times be necessary to close, withdraw or alter any animal exhibits for husbandry or welfare purposes. This does not constitute any liability on the part of Woburn Safari Park for refund of admission tickets. Customer satisfaction is important to us, therefore alternative activities or extended hours may be offered to visitors in compensation on any dates affected.
- Complaints: We aim to give all of our customers a fantastic experience with us, but should you encounter any problems or need to make a complaint, please ask to speak with the Duty Manager whilst at the park. This should be done on the day of your visit, to enable us the opportunity to resolve any issues immediately for you, so you can fully enjoy your day.
Should you contact us following your visit with a complaint, we will endeavour to resolve any issues that you had on your visit, but may not be able to provide the same level of resolution, should you raise your issue on the day.
Terms & Conditions of all ticket purchases:
- When booking online you must book no less than 20 minutes before arrival at the ticket lane on the day of your visit, to allow your transaction to be processed. Failure to do so will mean that admission will need to be paid at gate prices to enter Woburn Safari Park (no refund will be granted)
- Advance tickets cannot be purchased in conjunction with discount vouchers or any other promotions
- Online discounts may be introduced at certain times of the year and at Woburn's discretion
- Possession of the advance ticket receipt will be regarded as proof of purchase and entitles you to the relevant number and type of tickets purchased.
- If it is not possible to print the confirmation, please write down the TRANSACTION REFERENCE and quote this reference on the gate, please be aware that this will slow down your entry time
- Credit card transactions are made on a separate secure server with full encryption of all credit card data. Your credit card details and personal information is never shared with any other third party or organization.
- Woburn reserves the right to withdraw any attraction, alter times, prices and events or services without notice, this does not affect your consumer rights. If you are affected by cancellations on the day of your visit, please ask a member of staff to radio the Duty Manager, who will aim to rectify the issue with you
- Online tickets are not transferable and cannot be re-sold to another party after purchase, unless permission is given in advance for a charitable donation or as a competition prize.
- In respect of cancelled bookings, if you require a refund a charge of £2.99 per transaction will be incurred to cover the cost of card charges.
- If you require a refund please email us to email@example.com with your ZY booking reference. We regret that we cannot refund your booking for reasons of inclement weather.
- We are unable to issue refunds or transfer visit dates on or after the date the tickets are booked for.
- Woburn reserves the right to request further identification at the point of entry.
- Disabled & Carer tickets are available at a concessionary rate and proof of disability will be requested on arrival. This can be supplied in the form of a DLA, DWP or PIP letter, blue badge, or an original letter from a registered care home, nursing home or hospice as proof of ID.We also accept the Access Card (sometimes referred to as the CredAbility Card or a Nimbus Card). We are sorry but we do not accept any membership cards (eg. HAND card, disabled railcard) as proof of disability.
Please do not ask staff to make a judgement by any other means, this is unfair to staff and they will politely refuse to make any discrimination or judgement without the specified documentation.
- Additional carer tickets are only valid when purchased alongside a Disabled and Carer ticket and are subject to proof on arrival that the 2nd carer is needed
- If you have Gift Tickets or Coupons to redeem for day admission tickets, please allow 24 hours for these to be processed by the Admissions team. We are unable to process them on weekends, school holidays and bank holidays for a visit on the same day.
AMENDING YOUR BOOKING DATE
Once purchased via the online booking facility, your admission ticket is valid for the date selected and specified on your booking. Should you need to change your visit date for ill health or other unforeseen circumstances, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will review your request. Ideally we will require 24 hours notice.
In the event of inclement weather that prevents the park from opening the Road Safari drive-through section of the park, all customers will be directed to the Foot Safari and public announcements will be made at keeper talks and demonstrations, within the shop and the Safari restaurant, as to when the safari drive-through section of the park will be re-opened.
In the event of the Road Safari drive-through not being opened for a minimum of 3 hours on the affected day, all customers will have the right to collect a voucher entitling them to a free return to the park, free of charge within a specified date range. Vouchers will be available to collect from Junglies Gift Shop and must be attached to your till receipt and signed by the Duty Manager
No photocopies, unsigned or defaced vouchers will be accepted for a return visit and the original receipt must be attached. The return vouchers entitles the bearer to admission only and does not include any other attractions, All Inclusive items, travel expenses or other costs incurred to customers
Refunds or ticket date changes will not be possible for inclement weather situations.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS of VIP EXPERIENCES
- VIP Experiences are available to book by phone or online, for a specified experience date. You can also purchase a VIP Experience Gift Voucher which has a validity period of 12 months, where an experience date can be selected and booked within that period.
- Full payment is taken at the point of booking, whether online by phone, or in the form a VIP Experience Gift Voucher (each voucher relates to a specific experience and is not transferable).
- Payment methods are via debit or credit card only.
- Once a VIP Experience date is booked, the date cannot be changed unless due to exceptional circumstances. This is at the discretion of Woburn Safari Park.
- All booked VIP Experiences and VIP Experience Gift Vouchers are non refundable and non-transferable. Experiences cannot be resold or exchanged.
- A full-paying adult or guardian must be present when any one under the age of sixteen is taking part in an experience. This excludes Junior Keeper where the adult cost is included.
- Woburn Safari Park cannot be held responsible for the weather conditions. However in exceptional circumstances if Woburn Safari Park cancels the experience an alternative date will be arranged.
- Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to alter the itinerary on any given, day due to animal welfare or health issues, but will ensure that the activity is replaced with a similar experience.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to assess their own fitness levels, as some experiences do require some degree of fitness e.g. 'VIP Keeper for the Day'. Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to ask you to not continue with an experience if we feel you are not physically able to undertake the activities.
- It is also the responsibility of the individual to make Woburn Safari Park aware, in writing, of any serious health complaint that may put yourself or others in danger. Some experiences also require a medical form to be completed. This must be done accurately before the experience may begin.
- Woburn Safari Park provides child seats for VIP trips for children 4 years and above. For children under 4, parents must provide and fit a car seat. Seat belts must be worn at all times by anyone when travelling in a Woburn Safari Park vehicle
- Please be aware that some animals are fed whole carcasses
- If, on the day, it proves that someone does not meet the age criteria for an experience, they will not be permitted to take part.
- Woburn Safari Park reserves the right to ask any participant to leave the site should they behave in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
VIP Experience Transaction Data & Your Privacy
Woburn Safari Park will use your data to fulfil its contractual obligations with you. Failure to provide the required personal data may mean Woburn Safari Park cannot enter into a contract with you.
We do not share your personal data with anyone. Personal data relating to the contract and evidence of payment will be retained for 7 years.
Disclaimer forms will be retained for 5 years (for adults) and, in the case of children, until their 21st birthday. For further information on data protection and your rights visit www.woburn.co.uk/privacy
Gift Ticket Terms and Conditions
- Customers who purchase a 'Gift Admission Ticket by Email' will receive an admission Gift Ticket delivered by email, with a coupon to redeem against a single day visit in the following 12 months.
- Customers who purchase a 'Gift Admission Ticket Pack by Post' will need to provide a postal address for delivery. A link to a contact form is provided on the booking confirmation email.
- Gift Voucher Packs will be sent via special delivery and will be despatched within three working days of purchase (subject to Royal Mail postal service delivery times. Please note Christmas gift purchases may sometimes take longer.)
- Delivery should be completed to all UK mainland addresses within 5 working days of purchase
- Customers wanting to use their Gift Tickets to book a visit date must call 01525 290407. Details are provided on the email confirmation and on the pack sent via post.
- Gift Tickets are non-refundable and no cash alternative is available
- Gift Tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer, discount or with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.
Soft tops and convertibles are permitted in the Safari Park, however there are restrictions; they cannot enter the Kingdom of the Carnivores (home to the lions, bears, wolves and tigers) or the African Forest (home to the Barbary macaque monkeys and Eastern Mountain Bongo). Standard admission still applies.
BIKES AND BIKE RACKS ON VEHICLES
Bikes are not permitted on vehicles within the Park, however, you
are able to leave them at the entrance and collect them later. Bike racks are permitted to stay on vehicles, however, this is at your own risk.
We do permit commercial vans in the Safari Park, however, we do not allow
ladders attached unless firmly secured and the ticket lane staff may ask to see inside the back of the van.
PICKUPS AND FLATBED VANS
Pickups and flatbed vans are permitted in the Safari Park; however, the
bed of the van must be completely empty.
Mini-buses are permitted in the Safari Park and if there are 15 or more paying individuals on board you may be eligible for a group discount. Please be advised that vehicles will be asked to stop at the exit of the African Forest for a keeper to check for animals.
Coaches are permitted in the Safari Park, if there are 15 or more paying individuals on board you may be eligible for group discount. Please be advised that vehicles will be asked to stop at the exit of the African Forest for a keeper to check for animals.
DOUBLE DECKER BUSES
Double decker buses are permitted to enter the Safari Park and if there are
15 or more paying individuals on board, you may be eligible for group discount. Please be advised that vehicles will be asked to stop at the exit of the African Forest for a keeper to check for animals.
All vehicles entering the Park must be in good condition with no broken or smashed glass.
- School rates are valid Monday to Friday during term time only.
- School rates are only valid for schools travelling on coaches or minibuses. One car may accompany the party for emergencies but no other vehicles can be part of the group. Anyone travelling in cars will be charged standard entry rates
- The total number of adults must not exceed the number of paying children. If it does, the above prices would not be valid and normal group rates would apply.
- Free adults are allowed as per the ratio for the school sector. Additional free adults will not be permitted.
- You will be invoiced prior to the trip taking place. Payment is required 1 month before your trip.
- If number of students/adults change before the invoice has been sent to you, please inform us as soon as possible so that we can invoice you for the correct numbers. If these numbers change after the invoice has been sent, then the number of students/adults stated on the invoice will need to be paid for. If extra people turn up on the day of your trip than has been invoiced for, they will need to be paid for on the day of your trip.
- Schools must have proof of payment and final numbers with them on the day, otherwise entry will not be permitted.
- Cheques should be made payable to Woburn Enterprises Partnership
- All prices include VAT
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel within 7 days of your trip, you will be charged the full amount. If you cancel within 14 days, you will be charged half the full amount. Any cancellation more than 14 days before you will not be charged
- Teachers wanting to undertake a pre-visit must complete the pre-visit request form and return to us at least 10 days before their pre-visit. We will authorise this form and return to you.
- This form must be brought on the day of your pre-visit and handed to the cashier to gain entry.
- Schools are entitled to one teacher pre-visit per class.
- Pre-visits are only for teachers; any additional people accompanying them will be charged normal admission rates.
- Proof of ID may be asked for.
- If a school undertakes a pre-visit but then cancels their trip, the school will be charged standard admission rates for the teacher who attended the pre-visit.
- On arrival at the Park, the teacher leading the party should bring the completed schools admission ticket and proof of payment to the coach office and hand over to the cashier. The coach driver must accompany the teacher but all other adults should remain with the school party.
- Toilets are available at the ticket offices and in the leisure area.
- If you have booked a tour guide, please ensure you arrive at the main entrance 10 minutes before your tour time. This will enable you to confirm your entry for the day with the ticket office.
- If you have an educational activity booked in the foot safari, please be on time as we have other bookings throughout the day and may not be able to facilitate you if you are later than 15 mins for your start time.
- We ask that anyone over the age of 11 years wear a facemask in the indoor teaching spaces, unless they are exempt.
- We ask that you adhere to all government guidance in relation to the current global pandemic.