This outdoor session includes a short walking tour of a range of animal enclosures such as Australian walkabout, Land of the Lemurs and Sea lions. Children will be given the opportunity to discuss what each species eats and if they are a herbivore, carnivore or an omnivore.
- To understand different animals eat different things
- To understand that all animals need food to live.
- To observe different animals.
Health and self-care (EYFS)
- Children know the importance for good health of physical exercise, and a healthy diet, and talk about ways to keep healthy and safe. They manage their own basic hygiene and personal needs successfully, including dressing and going to the toilet independently.
The world (EYFS)
- Children know about similarities and differences in relation to places, objects, materials, and living things. They talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another. They make observations of animals and plants and explain why some things occur, and talk about changes.