This session will look at what humans and animals use their skeletons for and, combined with our senses, how they help us survive.
With the use of pictures and artefacts, the session will look at individual animals and outline how their skeletons allow them to move in certain ways, and which senses they rely on most for survival.
Children will learn not all skeletons are the same and that some animals use their senses differently from others.
- Understand the term ‘habitat’
- Understand the basic requirements needed within a habitat to help animals survive
- Understand how different animals have different adaptations
- Understand the importance of camouflage
- Animals, including humans
- Living things and their habitat
- Evolution and inheritance