Children will understand the dietary needs of different animals found at Woburn Safari Park, the same animals that are highlighted in the story.
They will look at their teeth, think about the diet of herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores and identify the different waste products of the different species.
The children will understand what is involved in caring for a variety of animals in captivity.
Year 2 children will also think about a basic food chain.
- Understand the different diets of animals that are herbivore, carnivore, or omnivore
- Understand the importance of correct animal welfare
- Identify and name a variety of common animals including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals
- Identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores
- Find out about and describe the basic needs of animals for survival