During this talk, we will discuss the key factors that must be considered when caring for exotic species in a zoological collection.
Topics that can be covered include; accommodation design, enrichment, health checking and bio-security.
- To be able to understand exotic husbandry methods used in zoological collections.
- To be able to identify the importance of adapting husbandry methods for individual species.
- To be able to discuss how animal welfare can be maintained to a high standard.
Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC (KS5)
- Animal health and welfare
- Maintaining animal accommodation
- Exotic animal husbandry