During this talk, we will discuss the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and how the five welfare needs are met at Woburn Safari Park.
Students will develop their understanding of enclosure design and how this is influenced by species specific behaviour, record keeping and research.
- To be able to understand how the five welfare needs are met at Woburn Safari Park.
- To be able to describe how record keeping links to the five welfare needs.
- To be able to identify key aspects of enclosure design.
- To be able to discuss research projects completed at Woburn Safari Park.
Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC (KS5)
- Animal health and welfare
- Animal ethics and zoos
- Maintaining animal accommodation
- Animal behaviour
- Human animal interactions
- Exotic animal husbandry