To compare the physical/ mental abilities of animals to humans using practical and theory-based challenges.
Equipment: 3 tape measures, 3 stop watches
- To put animals’ size/ speed/ strength and problem-solving skills into perspective.
- Compare the average person to the average animal.
- Explore whether different species compare differently.
- Make and record observations and measurements using a range of methods for different investigations, and evaluate the reliability of methods and suggest possible improvements
- Differences between species
- Speed and the quantitative relationship between average speed, distance, and time (speed = distance ÷ time)
- Identifying types of fitness
- Exploring the effect of exercise on the body
- Exploring how muscles, tendons, ligaments, and bones influence movement.