During this talk, we will explain how we use positive reinforcement training with the animals at Woburn Safari Park.
Students will discuss the benefits of using animal training such as to complete daily husbandry tasks and to provide the animals with mental and physical stimulation.
- To be able to understand positive reinforcement training and it’s benefits.
- To be able to identify a variety of training techniques and equipment.
- To be able to discuss the planning and evaluation of animal training sessions.
Level 2 and Level 3 BTEC (KS5)
- Animal health and welfare
- Animal ethics and zoos
- Animal behaviour
- Human animal interactions
- Exotic animal husbandry