The Mammoth Play Ark is an indoor soft play adventure area for children aged up to 11 years of age. The Ark will be reopening to visitors from the 7th September and you will need to book a ticket online in advance.
Book your Indoor Soft Play Session
Due to the new COVID-19 safety precautions in place, some changes have been made to this activity:
- Bookings must be made in advance online, to coincide with your dated admission ticket
- Capacity limit in place to meet Government guidelines
- £2.00 nominal fee per ticket, to ensure visitors make a commitment to booking and that venue max. capacity is not exceeded.book tickets
New restrictions for COVID Secure Playtime
- Upper age limit in place for safety of younger visitors (equipment not suited to children aged 12+ years, face coverings are also required for this age group, which is not compatible with play equipment)
- One adult admitted per group of up to three children. Maximum one adult per child
- All adults must wear a face covering at all times inside the Play Ark
- Balls removed from the Under 5's play area and from the bottom of the blue slide, for hygiene reasons
- One way system: entry via door opposite Go Ape cabin and Land of Lemurs enclosure
- All visitors must use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry
- All children using the rainbow slides must use the hand sanitiser provided before taking a mat and again when reaching the bottom of the slide.
The Mammoth Play Ark will be closed everyday at midday for one hour and again 3pm for one hour for sanitising of all the play equipment.
Terms & Conditions of Booking
Timings: Each booking is for 20 minutes of soft play, please arrive 10 minutes before your booking and leave the Ark promptly at the end of your session.
Lateness: Unfortunately if you missed your booked session, you will not be admitted to the Mammoth Play Ark. It is your responsibility to arrive on time and plan your journey with travel time through the Safari Park - please note, this may take up to 45 minutes on a busy day. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund any missed session for non-attendance.
Clothing: long sleeves, trousers and socks MUST be worn on the red and blue slides at all times. Height restrictions apply to the slides - 1m blue slide, 1.2m red slide.book tickets
What's inside the Mammoth Play Ark?
There are three slides to try, with a rainbow astra slide for juniors and more challenging red and blue slides for older or more adventurous children.
The soft play has a series of obstacles, bridges and climbing areas.
The Two by Two Restaurant will not be open and food must not be consumed in this area, due to the frequent virucidal cleaning in place.
Toilets are available at the back of the Play Ark, including Disabled Toilet facilities (ticket holders for the Mammoth Play Ark only). There will be a queueing system in place with a one way system, please note this may take longer than usual.
Annual Pass Holders
A dedicated one hour Soft Play session is available for Annual Pass holders at 4.30pm to book for free online. This session is a 30 minute booking, but pass holders are welcome to stay in the Ark until 5pm if they wish.
As with all free tickets, please commit to your booking once created. If you need to cancel, please let us know in advance. Capacity is limited, so spaces are in high demand, particularly at weekends.
There will also be five places available, without a booking, at every Soft Play session (10.30am, 11am, 11.30am, 1.30pm, 2pm, 2.30pm and 4pm) for Annual Pass holders to use, and these are on a first come, first served basis. A member of staff will be on hand at the entrance to the Ark (opposite Jungle Jamboree), to check availability.
Safety at the park
Every precaution has been taken to keep you safe during your visit. Read all about the safety measures and face covering policy in place for visitors.