A Week on the Wild Side 2019
Specially designed for children aged 8-13 years of age. Come along for a hands-on encounter and enjoy a unique opportunity to go behind the scenes at Woburn Safari Park during the school holidays.
The week includes:
- Hands on animal experiences
- Go behind the scenes of the exhibits
- Fun games
- Making new friends and have fun
- Meeting the keepers
- Learning how the animals are cared for
- A journal & certificate of attendance
- A chance to meet very special members of the Woburn Safari Park team!
This unique experience gives children the chance to learn more about the resident animals and their daily care routines, using hands on activities.
- 29th July - 2nd August
- 19th - 23rd August
A Week on the Wild Side runs from 9.00am - 3:30pm with numbers limited to ensure an amazing experience for everyone. The week costs £189 per child (10% discount for annual ticket holders). Lunch not included. Click here to book tickets online.
NEW FOR SUMMER 2019 - Four Days on the Wild Side
All of the great hands-on activities and animal fun condensed into four days.
Course dates: 27th - 30th August from 9am to 3.30pm.
This course costs £159 per child. Click here to book
Specialist week for students aged 14 - 17 years, looking for a career with animals.
Woburn Safari Park is running a four-day non residential course for students aged 14 - 17 years old. This course has been designed to assist students thinking of entering a career with animals such as keepers, zoologists or behaviourists. The week will be made up of practical experience as well as seminars giving background information. Please be aware that this week is not designed as a 'fun' workshop, all the activities will reflect true working practises of the Park therefore hands on contact will be limited.
- Daily husbandry tasks such as mucking out, food preparation and animal handling
- Sessions learning about different types of animals and their specific care
- Off road and behind the scenes tours of the Park's facilities
- Career advice and guidance
- Ability to build a portfolio of experience
- Certificate of completion.
- 22nd - 25th July
- 5th - 8th August
- 27th - 30th August
Each day will last from 9am - 4pm and participation is limited to a maximum of 15 students. The experience costs £295 per student (lunch not included).
Click here to book tickets online.