Name an African Lion Cub - competition closed!
Woburn Safari Park has teamed up with HELLO! Magazine to offer readers the chance to name one of the gorgeous African lion cubs, born at Woburn Safari Park on the 24th April 2020.
The 'lockdown litter' have been enjoying their secluded pen with mum for the first weeks of their life. Now, following their crucial innoculations jab, they're enjoying their first trips outdoors.
Dakota's litter of five is her second and she is the proud mother of five little cubs.
The new litter may be seen in the small paddock next to the lion house in the Kingdom of Carnivores drive-through enclosure. Mum decides if the weather and the temperature is suitable for her young cubs and lucky visitors may see the new family in their paddock from 9.30am-1.30pm each day.
The five little arrivals are growing well, tasting their first meat and spending lots of time playing and enjoying their new found freedom in the fresh air.
Now it's your chance to name one of the male cubs, with an appropriate African name and you could win tickets to visit the park and see them for yourself!
Keepers would like African themed names, in keeping with the lions' wild origins. They will choose their favourite name from the list of entries, and pick a winner after the closing date - Sunday 12th July.
Have you got the perfect name for a beautiful male lion cub?
To enter, all you need to do is fill in the form below before 3pm on the 12th July.
The lucky winner will be announced on Friday 17th July, and will be treated to a family ticket for four people to use at the Park this year!
Terms & Conditions
- The closing date for this competition is Sunday 12th July at 3pm and submissions will not be accepts after this date
- One winner will receive a ticket for four people (any combination of adults and children, children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult) for admission to the park, valid for use until 31/12/2020.
- If you are 17 years of age or under, please have an adult supervise your entry
- Keepers will select a winner from all of those received. Where multiple entries received bearing the same suggested names (chosen by keepers as the winning name), one entry will be selected at random from those entries
- The winner will be contacted directly by email on 17th July.
- The winner will be announced on 18th July, on the website and on Woburn Safari Park's social media channels
- The prize is non-transferable (except as a charitable donation, and this can only be done on written request) and there is no cash alternative.
- The park is only accessible in your own vehicle. Transport costs, spending money and other expenses are not included
- Standard terms and conditions for entry will apply to the winner and their guests
- Transport is not provided to and from the park. The Road Safari and Foot Safari at Woburn Safari Park are only accessible in your own vehicle
- In the event that the promoter does not receive any communication from the winner within 10 working days of the initial notification, the promoter reserves the right to cancel prize entitlement and award that prize to an alternative randomly selected entrant, in which case the promoter is under no obligation to the previous winner
- Woburn Enterprises as the promoter, to the fullest extent allowed by law, accepts no responsibility for loss or injury as a result of promotional participation or the acceptance of the prize
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.